To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion we are significantly expanding our development team.
To support StudyPortals' (https://www.studyportals.com/about/) global expansion we are significantly expanding our Engineering team. Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform, bringing absolute transparency and reliability to international education. By understanding the student journey in and out, we’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education. Our focus is therefore fully student/user-centered. We place our entire energy and focus on knowing what students are demanding, allowing them to be the main architects of our online platform. So long as we put the students at centre stage, using their voices and perspectives to guide our product, then we can make a product that is designed especially and exclusively for them.
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands · Engineering
Why do we need you?
The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP7; virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS in order to get maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered. This is where you come in!
Design & implement functional web interfaces and the full structure behind it: that is your challenge!
As Back-End Developer you will play an important role in further developing and rolling out our RESTful API, which will be at the base of all our current and future products. Your responsibilities range from working on the core of our systems all the way up to producing proof-of-concept web applications. The Front-End Developers will help you to turn your proof-of-concept applications into true “online experiences”.
Who will you work with?
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX Designers and our Student- and University Value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness, we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process.
Do you have what it takes to be out Back-end Developer?
As an experienced software engineer you understand what it takes to build scalable web applications and realise this means your skills should not be limited to writing good code. Also you are ambitious to reach your goal and are able to work independently as well as with your team. Sounds good? Great! But these requirements are necessary to be successful in this position:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, typically in Computer Science or a related field;
- Apart from a proven track-record in creating advanced PHP5 / PHP7 applications, you have some background in stricter, object-oriented, languages such as C# or Java;
- You know your way around a MySQL database and its InnoDB storage-engine;
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML7 and CSS3;
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, and excellent communication skills.
We ask a lot and therefor have an offer you can’t refuse!
- A fulltime, 40 hours/week, position;
- Competitive salary including a bonus scheme;
- Employee referral bonuses; just an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!).
- A +/- 1000 EUR annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- An attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated;
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station;
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice;
- The opportunity to revolutionize the worldwide study-choice market.
Tempted? Get some insight into our company culture by checking out our photos/videos/posts here(https://www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers/)
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers & www.facebook.com/studyportals
- Instagram: studyportals_careers
- Twitter: @studyportalsdev
- Blog posts you might like:
Are you ready to take our web products to the next level?
If you have what it takes to be our software engineer and rather want to start today than tomorrow, let’s get in touch! Apply for this job via the ‘Apply’ button and let’s see if there is a match.
No recruitment agencies please.
Key words: Job Vacancy, full-time, Eindhoven, C#, Java, MySQL, HTML7, CSS3.